Senior Manager, Content and Communications
Who We Are Looking For
Your job is to help the world understand how intentional finance can be a tool for change, driving action that creates thriving communities and a more inclusive economy. From creative content creation to knowledge management to marketing and communication strategy, you will be our lead storyteller and sensemaker. Your audience will include a wide variety of current and potential portfolio companies, investors, and community partners.
You are probably a bit of a generalist with a passion for great storytelling and cohesive messaging. You have an uncanny ability to wrangle a complex story and put yourself in the mind of various stakeholders to see whether content will resonate. Maybe you’ve been an editor, producer, investigative journalist, or political campaign strategist, or maybe you’ve been doing traditional marketing and communications for some impact vampire and want your soul back. You probably see communications all the time (including this job ad) and think, “I could have done it so much better!”
You will work primarily with our Director of Community Engagement and our Community Communications Coordinator (we love alliteration). However, we follow a fairly holacratic model, so as the 9th member of our team, you will report to everybody and everybody will report to you. We believe in strength through diversity, and expect all of our team to bring their lived experiences to our work – and always from a community-first perspective.
- Audience Marketing Strategy: Drive our overall marketing and communications efforts, ensuring we are consistently delivering high-quality, on-brand messaging that incites action
- Information Gathering: Execute interviews and surveys to collect information from various internal and external stakeholders, and source relevant research and reference materials
- Sensemaking: Pull together disparate sets of information to find patterns and threads that can be effectively woven together and communicated
- Content Creation: Develop comprehensive, compelling communication materials to support strategic conversations, both directly and by managing vendors, including writing, visual media, graphic design, case studies, toolkits, decks, and presentations
- Knowledge Management: Ensure all of our content is organized and easily accessible for future needs, for both internal and external stakeholders
- Distribution: Determine and execute methods of connecting audiences with our content, including print collateral, website and social media, speaking appearances, events, etc.
- Public Relations: Lead our placement strategy, including seeking out op-eds, story pitches, and speaking engagements related to our priorities in high value media outlets and conferences
- Analytics: Implement methods to measure the effectiveness of our communications efforts
If you think you can help us build a better world, we encourage you to read the attached PDF job description for more details and information on how to apply.
No phone inquiries please.