Quality early care and education is good for kids, good for their families, and good for the workforce. We look for innovative ways to finance education and early care providers in both place-based portfolios and dedicated early care investments.
Early Care & Education
- The cREIT is an integrated real estate investment strategy to expand the availability of quality child care. A diversified portfolio of commercial and residential properties, the cREIT is designed to increase system capacity and resilience by unlocking the aspirations of center- and home-based providers.
- We are working toward the 2021 launch of our real estate financing vehicle focused on early childhood education facilities, with the long-term goal to create a public community real estate investment trust.
- Our flagship place-based portfolio, Advance, has invested in multiple companies with the goal of increasing access to quality education throughout the San Diego region. From early care to formal education to out of school time programs, we invest to help organizations achieve sustainability and scale.
- Check out some of our portfolio companies.
- Our team was in the 2020 cohort of the Promising Ventures Fellowship—a joint initiative of Harvard’s Center for the Developing Child, Sesame Workshop, and Promise Venture Studio to accelerate effective strategies for early care and education.
- Through this fellowship, the team refined the cREIT concept above and made invaluable connections in the space.
See related press & stories
Stay in Touch
Sign up for monthly stories about small businesses, nonprofits, and impact investors who are using finance as a tool for change.