Financial Resources for Small Businesses and Nonprofits
Updated June 9, 2021
We’re sharing with you—our community—the COVID-19 resources for small businesses and nonprofits that we provided to our active borrowers. During this challenging time, stay true to your values and support each other.
Our communities need your help
Learn more about our Community Finance Facility to support resilient economies that work better for all. This national effort provides pathways for beneficial, catalytic, and charitable investors to make a lasting difference for overlooked and underestimated communities.
Many of the resources below are also raising philanthropic support. If you are in a position to give, there’s no time like now.
Resources for Small Businesses and Nonprofits
The below resources are organized by:
- Type (grants, loans, business advice, technology resources, and worker & individual resources)
- Region (national, state, County of San Diego, City of San Diego)
- Eligibility (small business, all businesses, nonprofits, individuals & workers)
On desktop, you can filter and sort by these categories by clicking Filter in the top left corner of the table below > Add Filter > select Type, Region, or Eligibility > search criteria > select an option from the drop-down menu.
You can also download a spreadsheet of the latest resources by clicking the lower right corner option Download CSV, or expand the view of this table by clicking view larger version.
Is there a resource missing from this page that we should include? Please let us know.
Advice for Leaders
How can I support my team and organization?
What are my operational considerations?
- Assess what part of your business requires additional attention as it may be vulnerable to the interruption or slowing of orders, supply chain, etc.
- Follow the guidelines in the resources shared below to help keep your workspace, store or office sanitized, and updated policies and procedures to your employees and customers
How do I address my liquidity needs?
- Negotiate longer payment period for bills due
- Reduce hours of operation
- Reach out to your bank or current lenders and explore if there is additional capital you could take on and be aware of predatory lending practices during this time
How do I support my employees?
- Be clear on the business decisions you’ve made or plan to make because of the impact of COVID-19
- Share EDD resources (located in the table above), in the event that hours are reduced, they need to take sick leave, they must care for a member of their family, or must quarantine themselves
How can I keep a pulse on our company’s finances?
- Modern Times wrote a great step-by-step guide for small businesses to shift to a daily cashflow forecast and other immediate operational changes to implement while revenue is impacted.
Mission Driven Finance provides loans for small businesses and nonprofits that want to make a positive community impact. Learn more about our approach here.
If you are interested in a potential loan from Mission Driven Finance, use this form to tell us a bit more about your business and our borrower services team will follow up personally.