Employee Ownership Catalyst Fund
A new fund for small businesses transitioning to employee ownership
Why transition to employee ownership?
The reasons are myriad: Happier and more committed workers, higher productivity, better compensation, wealth that stays in communities—all leading to income mobility and more resilient local economies.
As an owner, by selling your company to your employees, you:
- Capture market value with tax advantages
- Enjoy flexibility and craft an exit strategy on your own timeline
- Cement your legacy, anchor your business and retain good jobs in your community
What you can expect:
- United States businesses
Size and terms tailored to support small businesses
- Availability of up to $500,000
- Ability for the owner to gain partial or full liquidity
Customized structures available
- Financing structure tailored to each business: loans, revenue-based financing, or equity
- Highly flexible use for funds, including regaining stability post pandemic, covering the costs of employee ownership transition, utilizing as growth capital
- Project Equity’s guidance on the pathway to employee ownership
Meet portfolio company The Local Butcher Shop
The Local Butcher Shop offers home cooks the highest quality, locally and sustainably raised meat from their retail storefront in Berkeley, within a block of Chez Panisse.
Unlike a supermarket, the Local Butcher Shop purchases whole animals, allowing them to create custom cuts for customers and wasting nothing in the process.