It’s a lot of fun and a lot of work reconnecting capital and community. We’re thrilled to have new teammates that are up for doing both. Please help me welcome newcomers from the last few months of busy recruiting:
- Monique DeSimone, Manager of Investor Relations
- Paola Espinosa, Investment Analyst
- Hanif Omar, Senior Investment Analyst
- Neal Schapper, Staff Accountant
- Daniel Teabo, Junior Accountant
- Sarah Toce, Director of Operations — Care Access Real Estate (CARE)
With these new teammates, we now have all U.S. time zones except Alaska and Mountain Time represented. As a recovering perfectionist, I want them all!
We also welcomed two new portfolio companies in the past month—The VAPA Foundation in San Diego, CA (supported by place-based fund Advance Strategy), and Four Dimensions Landscape Company in Oakland, CA (Employee Ownership Catalyst Fund).
These types of opportunities make me want to get up every day. Throughout this month, AKA B Corp Month, you’ll see us celebrate why we became a Certified B Corporation and what it means for us when we say #WeGoBeyond.
Stay well and take care of one another,
Co-founder & Chief Community Officer